Thursday, February 16, 2017

". . . . I had come to believe that art must be disturbing, art must ask questions, art must predict the future. . . . Only layers of meaning can give long life to art - that way society takes what it needs from the work over time."

. . . .

"Failures are very important - they mean a great deal to me. After a big failure, I go into a deep depression and a very dark part of my body; but soon afterward I come back to life again, alive to something else. I always question artists who are successful in whatever they do - I think what that means is that they're repeating themselves and not taking enough risks.

If you experiment, you have to fail. By definition, experimenting means going to territory where you've never been, where failure is very possible. How can you know you're going to succeed? Having the courage to face the unknown is important. I love to live in the spaces between, the places where you leave the comforts of your home and your habits behind and me yourself completely open to chance."

- Walk Through Walls, Marina Abramovic

No comments:

Post a Comment